How do I pay?
Students who want to have regular lessons at a fixed slot, are asked to pay in advance for all the lessons they will be taking in the month (minimum 3 lessons per month to guarantee a fixed slot). Bank holidays will be taken into account. No refunds are offered for any cancelled lessons after they have been purchased at the beginning of the month. If your schedule does not allow you to have regular lessons, at the same fixed slot every week, you can opt for a ‘pay as you go’ scheme, in which you pay for each lesson separately but will not be guaranteed a fixed slot.
If I start with regular lessons, would I be able to change to pay as you go?
Yes. If you find that you are having to cancel a lot of lessons, not able to commit to a regular slot, you can then change to the pay as you go scheme.
What is your cancellation policy?
If a lesson is cancelled with at least 24 hours notice, it can be rescheduled within the same month that it was originally scheduled for. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours cannot be rescheduled and no refund will be offered.
Can I have an initial lesson and decide later if I am going to continue with regular lessons?
Yes, you can book an initial lesson at a normal price and then decided if you would like to have regular lessons. You will then be asked to pay for the remaining lessons in the month in advance.
Are you able to arrange tuition for staff at my company?
Yes, lessons can be arranged at the students workplace. For small group lessons please contact me for a quote.
How many lessons do I need?
It depends on your objectives. This will be discussed with you before your lessons start.
Do you provide materials?
You will be given the basic handouts and photocopies. I recommend that you purchase a book called Novo Avenida Brasil (either book one, two, or three, depending on your level).
My company is going to pay for my lessons. Are you able to invoice them?
Yes, your company can be invoiced directly for your lessons, as long as the tuition has been approved by the company.
What are the benefits of private tuition?
Private tuition is the fastest and most effective way to learn a language. Private tuition can be tailored to your needs whether you are learning for pleasure, business or an academic qualification.
Can I take an exam?
Lessons can be tailored as preparation for the Celpe-Bras qualification (proficiency-level students). More details about this exam can be found on the official Celpe-Bras page.
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Students who want to have regular lessons every week, at a fixed slot, are asked to pay in advance fora all the lessons in the month (minimum 3 lessons per month). Bank holidays will be taken into account.
- No refunds are offered for any cancelled lessons after they have been purchased at the beginning of the month.
- If a lesson in cancelled with at least 24 hours’ notice, it can be rescheduled for another date and time, within the same month that it was originally scheduled for.
- Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours cannot be rescheduled and no refund will be offered.
- If the student’s schedule does not allow them to have regular lessons, at the same slot every week, they can opt for a pay as you go scheme, in which they pay for each lesson separately, but will not be guaranteed a fixed slot.